Good Day RMASFAA! Your RMASFAA Board has been hard at work for you and we had a very productive Winter Board Meeting in Denver on March 15th and 16th.
Here are some highlights from the meeting:
- The Board reviewed the current RMASFAA Strategic Long Range Plan (SLRP) to assess how well we have met the goals of the plan. Overall the Board felt many of the goals of the current SLRP have been satisfied, but there is still room for improvement on some goals. Vicki Kucera reported a wonderful response from the membership regarding the RMASFAA SLRP on-line survey. Vicki and I will be looking for more input from the membership on ideas for our 2018-2021 SLRP at state conferences. Our goal is to have our 2018-2021 SLRP in place by the October 2018 RMASFAA Board Meeting.
- With recommendations from the “Website Ad Hoc Committee” and evaluation of options, the Board voted to approve an upgrade of our website. This includes increasing certificates of security for the website, increasing utilization of website functionality and approval of the purchase of E-Merchant to assist in more efficient use of electronic transactions for members.
- NASFAA has approached RMASFAA on a proposal to collaborate on some functions such as “Membership”, “Website” and “Events”. There was a very lengthy discussion on the benefits/drawbacks of this collaboration. The Board voted to continue to discuss this possibility, but felt the impact of this decision so important that member input from the individual RMASFAA states would be requested before any further action. Vicki and I will be asking for your input at the state conferences.
- President –Elect Myra Pfannenstiel has been working with the “Nominations and Elections Committee”, along with input from the Board, seeking nominations for the next election ballot.
- This is the first year for the new Vice President Elect Position. The Vice President Elect also serves as the “Vice-Chair” for the Finance and Audit Committee. This year there was a major undertaking in evaluating the association budgeting process. Stephanie Covington, serving as Vice President and Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee, did an extraordinary job in putting in place a comprehensive budgeting process that worked effectively and efficiently. The Finance and Audit Committee is continuing to fine tune the budget process.
- The 2018 Conference Committee, chaired by Bethany Vincent and Sherry Bisek, reported plans for the Annual Fall Conference in Fargo October 7-10 are going strong and on schedule. There is added excitement for this year’s conference as RMASFAA is celebrating our 50th Mark your calendars as you do not want to miss this conference!
- The Diversity & Multicultural Initiatives Committee chaired by Manuel Gant requested the committee’s name be changed to “The Diversity and Inclusion Committee”. It was felt this name better reflects the scope and purpose of the committee’s work. The Board agreed and voted to change the name of the committee as requested.
- Dani Reynolds and the Association News Committee have been busy submitting blogs and updates for the membership. The committee is doing an excellent job of keeping members informed.
- The Training Committee chaired by Ashlee Dutton, has organized seven training events to assist our members with compliance, professional development and personal growth topics. NASFAA also informed me at the NASFAA Board Meeting last month that they will be providing condensed training webinars for regions to use. These webinars are expected to be ready this spring.
A big “Thank You” to all the committees, state delegates and officers for all your hard work and dedication to RMASFAA! This group has provided wonderful insights and leadership and I feel truly blessed to be a part of this Board and Association. I encourage anyone that has questions on events or topics related to our association to please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to hear from you.
All my best,