Judy Hagar is the Director of Financial Aid for the University of Jamestown and serves as mentor for the current Leadership Pipeline class.
- What motivated you to become a mentor?
Basically, being asked! (That’s probably lame, but truthful!) Also, I was curious about the program.
- What have you gained from this experience?
The realization that a mentors learn as much or more from the folks we’re mentoring than we team them. Since mentors could only listen during our meetings, I learned so much from the mentees. They have great ideas, stories, information…etc. I need to just listen more all the time!
- What are you hoping to give to your mentee?
Greater confidence and courage to excel in this financial aid world. She is amazing!
- What advise do you have for others interested in being a mentor or mentee?
This is a great program from which you will obtain really valuable tools and resources, and the time and travel commitment is minimal, so it is very doable with our work schedules.
- Anything else you would like to share.
Great connections are available through Leadership Pipeline!!