As I contemplated a topic for my RMASFAA Blog article, I considered a number of topics. As I pondered this assignment one evening as I sat in my living room, an object on top of my curio cabinet caught my eye. I then decided to incorporate the object into an article. It turned into a challenging fact-finding mission of some quotes. I hope they motivate and inspire you!
& AND &…
I have a thing for ampersands. You know, the special character on the keyboard that looks like this: &.
I’m not sure when my attraction to ampersands came about. I think it may have been high school typing class when we were introduced to the “special characters” on the keyboard and learned how the shift key would let us produce all of those special characters.
Other than the wood ampersand signs I occasionally notice in various gift shops as part of their wedding décor, I didn’t realize how popular ampersands seem to be. In the past year, I have started a small collection of ampersands. I’ve found with collections that it is important to set parameters; otherwise your collection can get out of control. My primary parameter is that they have to be “miniature” ampersands. In case you’d like to see the start of my collection, I gathered them for a photo op!
The Webster dictionary definition states: A character & standing for the word and. If you’re like me and you abbreviate the word “and” in a handwritten note, you probably don’t make the formal ampersand sign. Rather, you do another shorthand version of it. It’s a simple character for a short simple word, yet an important word in the English language.
In the spirit of ampersands, I’ve included 12 motivational quotes (one for each month of the year) that include an ampersand (or two!) to help you get your school year off to a great start!
- Life is 10% of what happens to you & 90% how you react to it.
- Expect problems & eat them for breakfast.
- Working hard & working smart can sometimes be two different things.
- You can’t have a good day with a bad attitude & you can’t have a bad day with a good attitude.
- The difference between ordinary & extraordinary is that little extra.
- Teamwork divides the task & multiplies the success.
- It’s all about quality of life & finding a happy balance between work & family &
- The key to success is hard work &
- Success is 99 attitude & 1% aptitude.
- Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere & sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself.
- If ever there was a time to follow your passion & do something that matters to you, now is the time.
- Give your stress wings & let it fly away.
Remember, our RMASFAA organization is made up of…
Colorado & Kansas & Montana & Nebraska & North Dakota & South Dakota & Utah & Wyoming
CAFAA & KASFAA & MASFAA & NEASFAA & NDASFAA & SDASFAA & UASFAA & WYASFAA
It’s ALL of us working together for a common goal & purpose!
Training Committee Member
Lake Area Technical Institute