Rather than making New Year’s resolutions that I know won’t make it until the end of January, I’ve come up with a short list for the office that probably have a much better chance of success. Thought I’d share with you. Anyone else have additions to share?
New Year’s Resolutions
- Take a moment to pause before answering the same question I’ve already answered 20 times today. I need to remember this is the first time that student is asking it.
- Not to roll my eyes when the Department of Education releases “mid-year verification changes”. Ok, maybe just a little.
- Promote the IRS DRT more vigorously at the high school level, keeping in mind that an investment of 5 minutes now can save me 20 minutes later.
- Ask colleagues for help before I pull my hair out researching a reg.
- Become more connected with RMASFAA.
- Be brave. Try something new. Remembering that FAIL actually stands for First Attempt In Learning.
- Clean my desk. (ROFL)
- Remember to say “thank you” more.
- Do one good deed each day.
- Never lose my happy place.
Financial Aid Technician
Laramie County Community College