Introducing the Our Outstanding Committees series. Throughout the next 12 weeks you will be introduced to each of RMASFAA’s 12 committees, the committee members and find out all that they accomplished this year. This is week 12 of the series.
RMASFAA, we cannot thank you enough for joining us in Colorado for the 2015 Annual Conference. You showed up with smiling faces and open minds, ready to journey down the aisle with us to see CAFAA and RMASFAA joined in Higher Ed Matrimony. The conference was a great success, bolstered by sunny weather and your sunny disposition – we truly had a wonderful time together. Thanks so much to those who could make it, and to your colleagues for manning the battle stations while you were away learning, networking, and having a little fun too.
As conference chairs, we received so many kind remarks about aspects of the conference, and feel we should devote a few lines to our stellar conference leadership team, whose work made it the success it was.
- James Broscheit, our Program Chair, worked with his team to put together a diverse and engaging group of interest sessions, so popular we were adding chairs in the back!
- Tom Biedscheid led the stellar Publicity team, who invented Wedding Wednesdays (brides, yes, you may borrow that!) to make sure our guests knew what fun was in store for them!
- Karla Nash and her crack-team of Registration Renegades covered all the bases in getting materials assembled, and the “I (heart) RMASFAA” tote bags were a huge hit with attendees.
- Michael Amaloo stayed in constant contact with our vendor partners, who supported us so generously and kept a close eye on the cut-throat silent auction as well!
- Rob Drybread kept it fun and interactive, planning our bachelor/bachelorette party, complete with games and awesome prizes and a lot of required silliness on the night before the Big Day.
- Mike Nguyen kept our entire tech running smoothly, even when the conference center couldn’t keep up with his awesomeness 🙂
- And finally, Thomas Hernandez, whose incredible vision and dedication to all things beautiful truly transformed a plain conference venue into the wedding of the season. His work was widely regarded as the highlight of the conference, and his passion for financial aid certainly shined through!
We want to send a special shout-out to all of the CAFAA members that attended the conference and were there to witness Tom Bieschied (CAFAA president) and Joe Donlay (incoming RMASFAA president) get married in a gorgeous ceremony. We hope the lovely couple is having a great time on their honeymoon!
Our wonderful RMASFAA guests were so generous this year and we had an extremely successful silent auction that raised $1,300 for our philanthropy project, the Golden Backpack Program. Thank you all so much for supporting such a magnificent program.
And last but not least, our wedding photos have arrived! We will be getting those up on the RMASFAA website shortly. We know you are excited to see them, so to tide you over for now here are the beautiful state pictures.
We truly enjoyed getting to meet so many amazing RMASFAA members! And don’t forget, the South Dakota conference is just around the corner and they’re going to ROCK you.
A Million Hearts and Hugs,
Natalie Engelbrecht and Erin “Brogs” Brogan
2015 Conference Co-Chairs
Floral Print Extraordinaires