Introducing the Our Outstanding Committees series. Throughout the next 12 weeks you will be introduced to each of RMASFAA’s 12 committees, the committee members and find out all that they accomplished this year. This is week 1 of the series.
One of the great privileges of serving as RMASFAA President-Elect is the opportunity to Chair the Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC). The NEC exists for the purpose of identifying, encouraging, and bringing forward leaders within our regional association. In RMASFAA, the NEC is considered a “committee of special designation” – meaning, the representation and composition of the committee is carefully prescribed within our association policies and procedures. Chaired by the President-Elect, the committee is comprised of each sitting State Delegate and the Associate Member Delegate. This group meets at least annually to review and prioritize a list of candidates which are ultimately included on the officer election ballot. The committee can also be called upon to recommend RMASFAA members for national office and to promote participation in the NASFAA election process.
For 2014-2015, the NEC has just realized its primary purpose by having announced the results of the 2015-2016 RMASFAA Officer Election. As was evidenced by the incredible slate of candidates who were up for consideration this year, the NEC worked diligently to identify the best-of-the-best for RMASFAA’s next round of leaders. I would like to acknowledge each of the NEC members who contributed so much to this process and express my sincere appreciation for all of their input, wisdom, and expertise this year:
- Jerry Martinez, Metropolitan State University of Denver, State Delegate for Colorado
- Brenda Hicks, Southwestern College, State Delegate for Kansas
- Tina Wagner, Carroll College, State Delegate for Montana
- Matt Johnson, University of Nebraska at Kearney, State Delegate for Nebraska
- Valerie Heilman, Dakota College at Bottineau, State Delegate for North Dakota
- Ken Kocer, Mount Marty College, State Delegate for South Dakota
- John Curl, University of Utah, State Delegate for Utah
- Darry Voight, Casper College, State Delegate for Wyoming
- Michael Amaloo, Professional Connect LLP, Associate Member Delegate
Cheers to a fantastic, fun-filled, and relaxing summer, RMASFAA!!
2014-2015 RMASFAA President-Elect & Chair, Nominations and Elections Committee