Just a friendly reminder that nominations for NASFAA awards are due by Friday, February 28th. Nominations may be submitted online via the NASFAA website. If you have not already done so, please check out the NASFAA website to learn more about the criteria for each of the following individual award categories:
- Allan W. Purdy Distinguished Service Award
- Lifetime Membership Award
- Honorary Membership Award
- Meritorious Achievement Award
Again, all of the above nominations may be submitted online using the NASFAA nomination form.
In addition NASFAA has a Regional Leadership Award that is presented to individuals, who need not be financial aid administrators, who have made outstanding contributions to the financial aid profession at the regional and state levels over a sustained period of time (i.e. seven years or more). Leadership at the national level is not a criterion for this award. Current members of NASFAA’s Board of Director’s, including non-voting members, are not eligible to receive this award.
Individuals selected for the Regional Leadership award must:
- Exhibit high integrity and character
- Have shown creative leadership
- Have inspired and encouraged others to participate actively in professional development activities
- Have continued active involvement in professional organizations after holding elected office, and
- Have supported the goals and objectives of NASFAA
Nominations for the NASFAA Regional Leadership award are submitted to NASFAA by the regional associations. Therefore, if you would like to nominate a fellow RMASFAA colleague who meets the above criteria, please send a private email to: email@example.com no later than 5:00pm, Thursday, February 27th. Please include the name of the individual you are nominating, the name of their institution and a brief description as to how this individual meets the criteria outlined above. Nominations will be collected and shared with the RMASFAA board for consideration of submission to NASFAA.